The City Clerk is an elected position. The city clerk’s department is responsible for providing various services. Citizens can obtain information and receive assistance for:
- Animal licenses
- Licensing for mechanical amusement equipment, billiard rooms, street vendors, solicitors, collision and bump shops, used car dealers, junk yards, and pet stores.
- Birth and death certificates filed in the City of Westland only
- City charter, code and zoning board of appeals issues (city, precinct and zoning maps can be purchased and the Westland City Charter* can be found online. To view the City Charter, please click here. Then, click on the “Part I Charter” folder within the table of contents on the left side of the page.
- Processing of applications for persons appearing before the zoning board of appeals
- Issues relating to city council and contact with its members
- Permanent records, documents and ordinances of the city, please note that the Municipal Code of Ordinances* can be found online
- Precinct locations, voter registration and federal, state and local elections.
- Issues relating to the fire and police civil service commission